CINEPHILIA INSPIRE RESIDENCY
Regular deadline: May 15, 2017 . Extended deadline: June 20, 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Fill application form and pay application fee. (scroll down for application form)
Applicants will receive a confirmation email shortly after.
Send by email the following required documents. Documents must be in English.
Make sure your documents are combined in one PDF file.
Your combined document should be titled 'Applicant name_project title'.
Email subject title: 'Application #_Applicant name'
- A Statement of need: Why do you want to participate in CIR (maximum 500 words)
- Treatment of maximum 8 pages
- First 10 pages of the screenplay (documentary projects in development phase are not required to submit a screenplay. Only documentaries in production are required to submit the first 10 pages of the screenplay.)
- For screenwriters only (if you are not the director of the project): 1 screenplay work sample (No more than 10 pages. Choose the 10 pages that best represent your work. They don't have to be the first 10 pages). This screenplay is a different screenplay than the one your are submitting to develop at CIR. This could be a produced or not yet produced screenplay. Alternatively, include links to produced screenplays.
- List of 2 contact references - academic or professional - who know you and can speak to your commitment of developing new work. Please include full name, email and phone number.
Send your document to email@example.com
All applicants will be notified by email on or before July 15, 2017.
Finalists will be asked to send their full screenplay draft within 5 days of finalist notification. It is advised to have the draft ready by this timeline.
Finalists will be invited for a Skype interview with Cinephilia team between July 15-25, 2017.
Selection will be selected based on the originality of the proposed project and the strength of previous works.
Applicants receive an automated notification when their application is submitted electronically.
After sending all supporting documents via email, applicants have completed their application process.
Please do not email to ask whether your documents were received or not. If a document is missing, rest assured we will get in touch.
Notifications to all applicants will be sent via email after the selection panel has made its final decision.
Cinephilia Productions does not provide a feedback to applicants. However, we understand how important it is for your creative process to receive objective criticism on your work that contributes to your progress. Applicants have the option to receive a 2-page feedback on their project from the review committee for an additional fee of ($150). Please email Cinephilia with your request. (Subject: 'CIR Application feedback'). This request will only be taken into consideration within 2 weeks after selection announcement.
Regular deadline: $45 (USD) / May 15, 2017
Extended deadline: $55 (USD) / June 20, 2017
Application fee is non-refundable.
Payment is due at the time you submit your application electronically.
Applicants who wish to submit more than one project are required to fill a new application form and pay a separate fee for each application.
Application fee covers administrative expenses and costs for the review panel.
READ THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED THE APPLICATION FEE.
2017 SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.